164 - Saab Other Cars Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I had a 1995 164Q for 12ish years... 2000 to 2012 I think. I was the third owner - I knew the second, the second knew the first, so it was a solid chain of ownership. It was supremely reliable. The clutch failed at around 110k and the AC compressor seized shortly thereafter, but that was it. It was a good car. I sold it to an awesome guy who writes a graphic novel where the main character drives a 164, anticipating Alfa's return. Had I realized it wasn't going to be until MY2018, I would have kept it... but I was SURE they were really coming back. Drat.
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- More on the Giulia, cheaptech , Wed, 20 Dec 2017 13:48:11
- Giulia/Stelvio recalled for mineral oil in brake/clutch systems., Norm9-5, Tue, 2 Jan 2018 07:27:14
- Re: More on the Giulia, Terry McGavern, Mon, 1 Jan 2018 10:56:15
- 164, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 3 Jan 2018 09:59:33 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: 164, Snowmobile , Thu, 4 Jan 2018 13:44:29
- Re: More on the Giulia, No Snaab, Mon, 1 Jan 2018 16:24:03
- Supposedly it has improved. On to Stelvio. nm, Norm9-5, Fri, 22 Dec 2017 17:37:57
- The Buick Fork, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:07:32
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!