jimmygee, I wanted to get back to you on your question about premature failures. On my 99 9-5 sedan, the turbo, dic, heater fan ($600+) water pump, and a couple pulleys all failed under 100K. $4,000 in cost for these listed issues, and unacceptable in my mind. The person that I got my 2004 ARC wagon from (82K) upgraded the entire suspension and brake system to the factory AERO specs at a cost of about $7,000. Scanwest in Seattle did all the work, and I have all the invoices. But it had the DIC replaced at just over 50K, a couple motor mounts, ignition (key) module, CV boot and about 10 other things. Just seems like a lot by most standards. He had a great extended warranty and it appears he got everything he could squeeze out of it.
posted by 24.16.103...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Questioning Saab after 3., RickE, Mon, 21 May 2012 17:46:35
- Re: Questioning Saab after 3., Doug W, Tue, 22 May 2012 20:55:47
- at least they are predicatable, ells, Tue, 22 May 2012 18:09:02
- Re: Questioning Saab after 3., Snowmobile , Tue, 22 May 2012 03:37:21
- Re: Questioning Saab after 3., jimmygee, Tue, 22 May 2012 01:40:31
- What would you replace it with?, Norm95, Mon, 21 May 2012 21:30:41
- Re: Questioning Saab after 3., Bruce M, Mon, 21 May 2012 21:02:39
- Re: Questioning Saab after 3., saabsince 93b , Mon, 21 May 2012 19:03:37
- I'm on #4, marynvince , Tue, 22 May 2012 05:34:51
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!