NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|95 Bulletin Board|
Feels to me that this shouldn’t be a guessing game.
The oil light doesn’t by default mean that oil levels are low, and one shouldn’t just add more oil without checking the level first.
First thing to check would be the dipstick to ascertain the oil level, and add what it suggests. That should rule out oil level issues causing pressure issues.
If the issue persists, it could be a wonky pressure switch, connector, or any number of things.
Start by checking the oil level properly. If that’s beyond your friend’s technical comfort, a service station or oil change shop can help.
->Posting last edited on Fri, 29 Dec 2017 15:46:08.
Posts in this Thread:
- Oil light on hard turns, how much oil to add?, steve, Fri, 29 Dec 2017 08:17:06
- Re: Oil light on hard turns, how much oil to add?, F1tifoso, Fri, 25 May 2018 17:34:19
- Re: Oil light on hard turns, how much oil to add?, Bernie , Fri, 29 Dec 2017 18:25:49
- Re: Oil light on hard turns, how much oil to add?, pme , Fri, 29 Dec 2017 15:45:36 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Oil light on hard turns, how much oil to add?, Name Left Blank, Fri, 29 Dec 2017 08:46:22
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.