NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Vintage Models Bulletin Board|
Hi...I am seeking help from the Collective about a problem starting. The car would start on the first crank until, suddenly, nothing. No crank, no power anywhere. The battery is fully charged and I appear to have solid grounding, to the chassis, at the block, and there's a complete circuit at the starter terminal. I have Ashcraft, Sr's great book on Saab "Electrics," but outside of that I'm an electrics moron.
I know that there's that all-important charge lamp that is required for the charging circuit to work. If that burnt out suddenly, would the effect be Nothing? I am using a 900 alternator and bypassing the old voltage regulator. If anyone's got suggestions for where to start looking, I am most grateful. Cheers
2009 9-5 Aero sedan
2007 9-5 SportCombi
1969 96; 1973 Sonett; 1973 96; 1978 99L; 1986 900 8V;
1990 900 16V; 1998 900 SE; 2003 9-3 Aero;
2000 9-5(donated to needy friend, still going)
Posts in this Thread:
- Staring problem, '71 96, serge , Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:17:29 <-- Viewing This Message
- check for power at ignition switch..., jimmy, Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:15:35
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96, serge , Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:51:27
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96, eric in vermont , Sun, 24 Sep 2017 06:14:20
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96 FIXED, serge , Mon, 2 Oct 2017 13:49:17
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96 - FOLLOW-UP, serge , Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:36:36
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96, serge , Sun, 24 Sep 2017 09:54:18
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.