NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|Vintage Models Bulletin Board|
Finally got back to the 96...well, I can turn the engine over using a remote switch (same as connecting a wire between the battery and the terminal on the starter). So I guess it's not the starter. Checking for power at the starter end of the wire by turning the switch showed nothing.
There's continuity in the yellow wire from the switch to the starter, zero resistance, so no break. Is there anything else before I settle on the ignition switch as the problem? And if that's the case, does anyone know of a source for anything that works? I checked FleaBay and did a general search and turned up nothing more than an on/off button switch. I'll ask the other group also.
The movement of the key in the switch seems solid with the return spring still showing some strength. I really appreciate the advice. Thanks all.
2009 9-5 Aero sedan
2007 9-5 SportCombi
1969 96; 1973 Sonett; 1973 96; 1978 99L; 1986 900 8V;
1990 900 16V; 1998 900 SE; 2003 9-3 Aero;
2000 9-5(donated to needy friend, still going)
Posts in this Thread:
- Staring problem, '71 96, serge , Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:17:29
- check for power at ignition switch..., jimmy, Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:15:35
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96, serge , Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:51:27
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96, eric in vermont , Sun, 24 Sep 2017 06:14:20
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96 FIXED, serge , Mon, 2 Oct 2017 13:49:17
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96 - FOLLOW-UP, serge , Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:36:36 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Staring as in "starting " problem, '71 96, serge , Sun, 24 Sep 2017 09:54:18
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.