NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
I don't know what type lifters are in the 9-5, but 0W40 Mobil 1 is specified for those engines. If the B-234 engines in the 9Ks and the 2-liter engines in the NG900 and OG9-3 have an issue with this you'd think it'd be showing up on this board. Seems like someone would have encountered this!
FWIW, the thinnest oil I run is a 5W50 in my '96 9K. I use Mobil 1 10W40 High Mileage in the 9-5, the '99 9-3 and the '95 9000 CS. I've never quite trusted the idea of a 0-weight oil, although I ran that in the 9-5 until it went off CPO last year.
I do wonder if the real concern is more for much older engine designs, like some domestics, that may have different tolerances.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- a mysterious disease striking down old cars, JohnA , Fri, 5 Nov 2010 19:38:58
- Stronger chains, weak link...., Mike Lynch , Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:09:36
- Type of lifters in Saab B204/205/234/235 engines?, Tim, Sun, 7 Nov 2010 06:03:44
- Re: a mysterious disease striking down old cars, turbocon86, Sat, 6 Nov 2010 06:08:26
- ZDDP additives, DougM , Sat, 6 Nov 2010 04:36:26
- Re: Saab 9K oil, BobS, Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:54:45
- So I'm guessing that, Noel , Sat, 6 Nov 2010 07:48:12
- Re: So I'm guessing that, BobS, Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:35:32
- May be a tad over-reactive., Noel , Sun, 7 Nov 2010 07:20:46
- Re: May be a tad over-reactive., LesH , Sun, 7 Nov 2010 07:42:45
- Re: May be a tad over-reactive., Tim, Sun, 7 Nov 2010 13:20:08
- Mobil 1 0-40 in Boston, Slug , Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:22:10
- 0W-40 Availability, BlaaSaab, Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:16:56
- Re: May be a tad over-reactive., Simon S, Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:08:43
- 30 vs 40, LesH , Sun, 7 Nov 2010 19:02:34
- Mobil 1 5W-40, IanC , Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:56:52
- I know this, Les. I also know that, Noel , Sun, 7 Nov 2010 11:22:38
- Why I use a diesel engine rated oil in my 9-5, MI-Roger , Sat, 6 Nov 2010 06:09:12
- Re: Saab 9K oil, pete, Sat, 6 Nov 2010 05:19:58
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.