NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
You really sound like someone who needs a CHANGE. I don't know what you'd be giving up interms of retirement, etc. but if you have any dreams or ideas of things you've always wanted to do now's the time to do them. If you spend another ten years in your mental state you aren't going to have much left mentally or physically. My wife and I were in much the same postion. She had a small business she'd owned for twelve years and I was working in an office and hating every moment of it (we're both in our late fifties). We we in a deep, dark rut and trudging through every day. I ended up losing my job due to the recession which was devestating at first but ultimately turned out to be the best thing that has ever happend to me. After a truly wonderful year off of work I had the time to think about what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life. I came to realize I'd developed a lot of skills over my life that did have considerable market value. While I won't bore you with the details we got jobs as live-in caretaker/estate managers. We live in Aspen, we have a free apartment and are actually making more money than we were. We're totlally invigorated and having a ball. We aren't even thinking about retirement anymore because we don't want to. The point is that while it's a big risk, sometimes change is a what you need. Maybe there's something out there that would work for you. The way I looked at it was that in 25 years I'll either be dead or wish I was and when I go I can't bring the change in my pockets. We decided we were going to live now. By the way, our kids think we're nuts--they're probably right.
posted by 208.72.4...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- I was talking with my brother about careers., John Myers , Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:59:33
- Change, No Snaab , Thu, 6 Jan 2011 07:54:35
- Try a paint store, Nathan Pflaum , Thu, 6 Jan 2011 07:39:36
- Why do the new wheels have to be so big?, RMinNJ, Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:55:11
- Re: Why do the new wheels have to be so big?, KevinM, Fri, 7 Jan 2011 15:56:39
- IMHO, anything over 17" is pure bling, Noel , Thu, 6 Jan 2011 06:19:25
- Sheer Madness, IMHO, Tim, Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:15:29
- so true....grimm reality, GFW3pedals , Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:44:48
- I wonder about small hydraulic jacks, Tim, Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:28:39
- Re: I was talking with my brother about careers., Erik919kt , Wed, 5 Jan 2011 08:38:28
- Re: I was talking with my brother about careers., rob 94 aero, Wed, 5 Jan 2011 04:19:10
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.