The attic is pretty decently insulated, about 6 inches deep of vermiculite. There are two of those spinning vents on the roof, whatever they're called. I'm really waffling on which way to go. I kind of want to get rid of the lath and plaster anyway (we hate the textured wallpaper, and you can't get it off without destroying the plaster, so it's either removal or putting up drywall over the top of it).
posted by 24.246.55...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- OT: remedial insulation of 125 year old house, TML, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 12:58:07
- Can you blow in from the inside??, MI-Roger , Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:52:50
- No brainer. Blown in cellulose., James, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 05:42:30
- Lath. You mean lath, not lathe., Erik919kt , Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:29:06
- attic, James, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 05:45:49
- Re: attic, TML, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 05:53:57
- walls, James, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:31:23
- more info, TML, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:49:27
- Blow your own, Noel , Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:14:29
- Re: OT: remedial insulation of 125 year old house, RichF, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 14:46:38
- Re: OT: remedial insulation of 125 year old house, TML, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:01:45
- Not, nwas, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:00:14
- Re: Not, RichF, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:35:56
- Re: Not, TML, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:07:22
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!