Years ago, I rented a large blower from Home Depot to blow some cellulose insulation into the walls of one bedroom that obviously had none - it was much colder than the other rooms. The blower came with a 2.5" - 3" hose so I used a hole saw to cut appropriately sized holes in the wall. When the first cavity filled up, the hose blew itself out of the wall and spread insulation all over the room like a firehose on the loose - no resistance. What a mess! Then I found out that there are reducers for the hose...............
In any case, the added insulation did the trick on this room, much warmer afterwards. SAAB content: the machine fit into the hatch of my C900.
posted by 108.71.134...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- OT: remedial insulation of 125 year old house, TML, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 12:58:07
- Can you blow in from the inside??, MI-Roger , Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:52:50
- No brainer. Blown in cellulose., James, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 05:42:30
- Lath. You mean lath, not lathe., Erik919kt , Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:29:06
- attic, James, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 05:45:49
- Re: attic, TML, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 05:53:57
- walls, James, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:31:23
- more info, TML, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:49:27
- Blow your own, Noel , Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:14:29
- Re: OT: remedial insulation of 125 year old house, RichF, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 14:46:38
- Re: OT: remedial insulation of 125 year old house, TML, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:01:45
- Not, nwas, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:00:14
- Re: Not, RichF, Sun, 15 Jan 2012 20:35:56
- Re: Not, TML, Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:07:22
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!