NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
then you also have the credit card company to back you up. You can refuse payment to Paypal + then maybe they will listen.
I have fortunately never had a run in with an idiot seller.
Bender, I agree, the guy sounds like a jerk. That said, I normally do add the paypal fee on ebay... it is (used to anyway) be considered a common courtesy to do so, and some sellers ask that in the text of their ad. I just bought tires locally (not ebay or paypal) and they cash discounted which saved $30. The same is often true for computer hardware. Sometimes that is the way to get best deals, but I would be very careful buying online + not using a credit card (even using a credit card).
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- eBay seller requesting "pay by debit" not paypal, bender , Tue, 8 May 2012 10:52:26
- Another source?, Craig, Thu, 10 May 2012 12:54:32
- They can't even spell Australia correctly!, sab, Wed, 9 May 2012 23:09:02
- Well, thanks for all the replies. Really. He's refunded, bender , Wed, 9 May 2012 16:30:18
- I also vote SCAM, Erik919kt , Wed, 9 May 2012 11:13:14
- Get the PayPal refund, then walk away. It's a SCAM, Used to be Chaz, Wed, 9 May 2012 02:10:35
- Ask him how the weather is in Lagos this week...., andym, Tue, 8 May 2012 17:52:11
- Re: eBay seller requesting "pay by debit" not paypal, turbocon86, Tue, 8 May 2012 12:28:53
- He said he'd refund me on paypal if I wish to pay, bender , Tue, 8 May 2012 11:20:19
- screw him and report to ebay authorities, Siegfried, Tue, 8 May 2012 11:12:51
- Re: eBay seller requesting "pay by debit" not paypal, BlaaSaab, Tue, 8 May 2012 11:07:45
- What about this doesn't say "scam"?, Bill Homer, Tue, 8 May 2012 11:05:23
- addition to post, bender , Tue, 8 May 2012 11:03:46
- Re: eBay seller requesting "pay by debit" not paypal, TML, Tue, 8 May 2012 11:00:46
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.