Re: Love the Carolinas, but - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Good luck with this exciting decision!
I grew up in SC--lived in the upstate near Greenville and the lowcountry in Charleston, and I went to college in Greensboro, NC. All three are places I consider living again if my profession was more portable.
Greenville is really an up and coming area with a vibrant downtown and fantastic cuisine. Traffic around the city is getting bad, as the suburbs have built up fast. Home prices are still relatively cheap. The one thing I dislike about the area is that it is still very socially conservative, and there is a lot of racial division.
The Piedmont area in NC that you are considering is a great place to live. You're close to the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic seashore. That area of NC is more socially progressive than other areas of the state, and we're talking about a state that generally is more like Virginia and Maryland politically than SC or GA.
Both areas have a nice climate with warm winters. There isn't much snow--a little more in NC than SC, but both areas can get a nasty ice storm. Unlike your neck of the woods, the snow won't stick around, and it isn't overcast and muddy for weeks and weeks. Of course, the summers are hot and humid, which bothers some folks, and there are lots of bugs.
Posts in this Thread:
- Advice on places to move to...., Noel , Sat, 27 Jan 2018 07:19:28
- Re: Love the Carolinas, but, amicusterrae , Tue, 30 Jan 2018 08:37:43 <-- Viewing This Message
- things to consider, Sam, Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:52:30
- Re: Advice on places to move to...., cheaptech , Sun, 28 Jan 2018 08:03:39
- Re: Advice on places to move to...., Snowmobile , Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:14:26
- Re: Advice on places to move to...., JTRI , Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:22:36
- We loved the Raleigh NC area when our son lived there...., MI-Roger , Sat, 27 Jan 2018 11:24:11
- Re: Advice on places to move to...., Justin@slashpub.net, Sat, 27 Jan 2018 08:44:21
- Re: Advice on places to move to...., EGD , Sat, 27 Jan 2018 07:40:26
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!