NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
How appropriate for a Saab owner, is all I can think of.... heh heh heh!
I finished installing 12 solar panels on my house today (I had professional help). It's not the 70's style water heating type of panels. These are photovoltaic - they produce electricity. It's 100% overcast here today in Menlo Park CA and already the system has hit its 400 Watt minimum to charge up and begin feeding into the grid. Whenever I generate more than I am using, it automatically feeds back into the local power grid so my neighbors can use it for their AC and TV etc ;-). My local power company will give me a 4X credit for any excess power I generate during peak hours (7AM to 7PM). And, due to favorable solar legislation in my state, any of you paying California taxes contributed a whopping 65% of the total cost of the project (I rule!).
I feel good about making my own power and getting less from other sources!
posted by 64.139.3...
1973 Saab Sonett III (Current)
1983 Saab 900 Turbo
1985 Saab 900 Sedan
1990 Saab 900
1992 Saab 900S
1999 Saab 9-3 Turbo
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (RIP 95K/Accident-guy ran stop sign)
2005 Saab 9-2X Aero (Current)
2007 Saab 9-3 SportCombi (Wife's)
2010 Saab 9-3X Wagon (Wife's)
Winner 1996 Saab Owners Convention Rally Novice Class
Winner 1999 Saab Owners Convention Rally (All Classes)
Posts in this Thread:
- I think this is cool - Solar Power, Scott Paterson , Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:46:03 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: I think this is cool - Solar Power, Dean, Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:01:51
- cool - Solar Power, jp, Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:54:04
- Correction: 400 Volts Startup..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:35:40
- Solar Power - NJ Rebates, Reuven, Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:07:33
- Excellent. Well done. nt, Jo K, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:01:14
- Scott, was that Astropower through Home Depot?, andy , Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:29:05
- Sweet! Would that be effective on the East Coast? (NY), Jason, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:10:09
- Estimated pay-back time?, John Davies, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:32:16
- care to share the cost with us?, MJP, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:08:45
- Sure thing!, Scott Paterson , Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:19:32
- Re: Payback, BobS, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:36:51
- If you had electric heat and a heat storage unit, saw, Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:38:05
- $40 to $60 a month?, MisplacedYankee , Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:53:07
- Well, duh...., Scott Paterson , Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:45:52
- UPDATE!! The sun came out - 1,600 Watts, Scott Paterson , Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:02:31
- How many volts does each panel produce?,,,,, zeke, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:52:48
- Very Cool; subsidized power rocks!, WASSAAB, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:46:01
- Awesome indeed! Long dream of mine.., Aaron Gilbert, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:11:00
- Interesting indeed. I have been toying with the ide to, Anders, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:41:21
- Awesome!, Mr. Science, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:05:09
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.