Very Cool; subsidized power rocks! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Most Recently Edited Saabnet.com Photo Galleries]
Very Cool; subsidized power rocks!
Posted by WASSAAB (more from WASSAAB) on Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:46:01
In Reply to: I think this is cool - Solar Power, Scott Paterson [Profile/Gallery]
, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:46:03
my family has a house in upstate NY that is not connected to power/water/telephone, so it's a little rustic (been in the family for 130 years). We've talked about having solar panels there for years. We're in the process of totally rebuilding the structure, so now is the time to add these!
I know a guy in the mountains of NC who sells power back to Duke power from his solar panels. Makes a lot of dough at it, too. :o) It helps that he owns his own mountain.
posted by 12.40.175...
Posts in this Thread:
- I think this is cool - Solar Power, Scott Paterson , Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:46:031
- Re: I think this is cool - Solar Power, Dean, Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:01:51
- cool - Solar Power, jp, Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:54:04
- Correction: 400 Volts Startup..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:35:40
- Solar Power - NJ Rebates, Reuven, Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:07:33
- Excellent. Well done. nt, Jo K, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:01:14
- Scott, was that Astropower through Home Depot?, andy , Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:29:05
- Sweet! Would that be effective on the East Coast? (NY), Jason, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 21:10:09
- Estimated pay-back time?, John Davies, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 20:32:16
- care to share the cost with us?, MJP, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:08:45
- Sure thing!, Scott Paterson , Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:19:32
- Re: Payback, BobS, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:36:51
- If you had electric heat and a heat storage unit, saw, Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:38:05
- $40 to $60 a month?, MisplacedYankee , Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:53:07
- Well, duh...., Scott Paterson , Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:45:52
- UPDATE!! The sun came out - 1,600 Watts, Scott Paterson , Thu, 10 Oct 2002 18:02:31
- How many volts does each panel produce?,,,,, zeke, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:52:48
- Very Cool; subsidized power rocks!, WASSAAB, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:46:01 <-- Viewing This Message
- Awesome indeed! Long dream of mine.., Aaron Gilbert, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:11:00
- Interesting indeed. I have been toying with the ide to, Anders, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:41:21
- Awesome!, Mr. Science, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:05:09
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
- Prev by Date:
Re: Read it and weep?, Paul, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:40:41
- Next by Date:
How many volts does each panel produce?,,,,, zeke, Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:52:48
- Main General Bulletin Board
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!