Re: 04 Arc- trans dipstick removal question - Saab 9-5 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
Site News -
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! Win a $133 Gift Card! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
On MY2000 9-5 SE, one of the bolts for the NSS holds the dipstick in place. It does have an O ring to seal it, but needs wiggling to free it. Be sure and clean around the dipstick before removing it so no dirt falls into the transmission (plug hole with a paper towel while the stick is out to keep dirt out). I have a whole series of photos of the process, but not on TSN. If you want to see photos, PM me with an address and I'll set up a link for you.
I tried rebuilding mine in 2011, but my rebuild effort only lasted a year, so I bought a new one and went through the procedure again. Those photos are in my Gallery.
New switch supposed to come in Neutral position, so it's best to block wheels, set e-brake, and move gear shift to N, and carefully remove old switch and then drop new one in place securing it with finger tight bolts until you have verified the alignment by reconnecting battery and shifting to reverse so you can check back up lights are working.
The repair just seems hard because like the rest of the engine bay, space is tight.
The more details you learn about your Saab, the more interesting it becomes.
2000 9-5 SE 3.0L V6
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- 04 Arc- trans dipstick removal question, jimlaman , Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:25:57
- Pulls right out, MI-Roger , Fri, 15 Jan 2021 14:24:50
- Re: 04 Arc- trans dipstick removal question, FredKolb12 , Fri, 15 Jan 2021 07:07:38 <-- Viewing This Message
- Ok found the removal procedure, crawdad , Thu, 14 Jan 2021 19:41:55
- 2nd part, crawdad , Thu, 14 Jan 2021 19:43:10
- Some pics, crawdad , Thu, 14 Jan 2021 19:55:11
- Pic 2, crawdad , Thu, 14 Jan 2021 19:56:28
- Pic 3, crawdad , Thu, 14 Jan 2021 19:57:18
- Re: Pic 4, crawdad , Thu, 14 Jan 2021 19:57:56
- Re: Pic 4, jimlaman , Sat, 16 Jan 2021 09:46:02
- Re: Pic 4, jimlaman , Sat, 16 Jan 2021 09:45:06
- Re: Pic 4, jimlaman , Sat, 16 Jan 2021 09:44:59
- Car-Quest, MI-Roger , Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:39:10
- Re: Pic 4, crawdad , Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:18:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!