separate problems - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main C900 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Posted by saab86 [Email] (more from saab86) on Thu, 9 Jul 2009 03:57:52
In Reply to: Re: Cooling Fans, john, Wed, 8 Jul 2009 20:54:24
First the fact you are getting constant heat in the cabin is probably due to a hear core valve malfunction unrelated to your fans not coming on. Deal with the fan issue first.
1) does the fan on the driver's side come on when you have the ignition on and push the AC button?
2) Are the fan relay(s) intact/functional?
3) Is the wiring to/from the AC fan thermo switch on the upper coolant hose intact/functional?
4) Try connecting the wire connectors together that are located at the receiver/drier pressure switch at the front end wheel well passenger's side. Then push your AC switch on with ignition on. At least one fan should run. If not then you probably have poor connector contacts at the fans, bad relays or bad wiring (all of which are unlikely in ascending order).
posted by 24.139.16...
Posts in this Thread:
- Cooling Fans, 4liter, Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:40:20
- Re: Cooling Fans, john, Wed, 8 Jul 2009 20:55:56
- Re: Cooling Fans, john, Wed, 8 Jul 2009 20:55:05
- Re: Cooling Fans, john, Wed, 8 Jul 2009 20:54:24
- Re: Cooling Fans, Frank Myers, Wed, 8 Jul 2009 19:19:03
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!