Re: Buying a car out of state-- tags? - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I went with plan A (slapped my WI tags onto the new-to-me car) and drove home to WI from eastern VA. Great drive, car ran great, drove straight, strong and true. I have a short list of nagging/cosmetic "issues":
1. Turn signals do not cancel/click-off after completing the turn
2. Odometer doesn't work
3. More road noise than I'm accustomed to in my Saabs
4. Door shut doesn't yield that satisfying "chlunk", it sounds "rattlely"
5. Driver's window goes down fine, but comes up only reluctantly and at a very slow rate.
6. Shocks are suspect-- the car handles well through corners, but on straightaways I hear and feel every little bump in the road
7. Rear license plate lamp is NA-- no big deal to the driving experience except that it's absence will almost certainly draw the attentions of Officer Friendly and that would definitely diminish the experience
8. Refueling is a PITA, the car doesn't take gas easily-- click the dispensor handle on full, immediate fail; hold it to deliver a slower rate of fuel works, until I approach "full" ( I'd guess at about 3/4) and I can hear the backpreasure mount and very soon the nozzle shuts off. Wait a minute and I can make my way further towards full, but it's WAY harder than it should be.
9. Drivers-side rear view mirror assembly is flakey. The reflective plate is intact and firmly attached, it's the entire assembly that wiggles in the wind of the road.
10. All of the other problems I have yet to discover/remedy.
All of that said, at the end of the day, I'll gauge this one a great deal. Car looks great and-- more importantly-- I love being back into a C900.
Posts in this Thread:
- Buying a car out of state-- tags?, Arabiflora , Mon, 1 May 2017 20:17:01
- Re: Buying a car out of state-- tags?, Arabiflora , Sun, 7 May 2017 19:37:29 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Buying a car out of state-- tags?, RS , Fri, 5 May 2017 10:50:00
- Re: each state has a different set of rules, Tom G , Wed, 3 May 2017 12:57:26
- The red one?, Edvert , Wed, 3 May 2017 07:22:53
- Re: Buying a car out of state-- tags?, Dr fall, Tue, 2 May 2017 20:17:47
- Re: Buying a car out of state-- tags?, Roger D , Mon, 1 May 2017 22:00:25
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!