Re: Do I need my cat? - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main C900 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Do I need my cat?
Posted by AaronG (more from AaronG) on Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:39:05
In Reply to: Do I need my cat?, Derek900, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 06:45:22
I've run them without them. They make a little more power. Not as much more as you would think. Car is a tad louder without it too.
If you have a convertible, you will notice the exhaust smell without the cat.
I also live in a state without any kind of silly emissions or safety inspection. If my pre obd2 car needed a cat I would consider a straight pipe. That said, these are cars I don't drive often. Maybe a few hundred miles a year.
posted by 70.127.15...
Posts in this Thread:
- Do I need my cat?, Derek900, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 06:45:22
- Re: My dog says no!, Frak , Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:16:392
- Re: Do I need my cat?, Tom G , Wed, 15 Nov 2017 20:49:04
- Re: Do I need my cat?, AaronG, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:39:05 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Do I need my cat?, StoicBlue87 , Sun, 12 Nov 2017 07:14:08
- Re: Do I need my cat?, Saabina, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 11:15:25
- Re: Do I need my cat?, Justin VanAbrahams , Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:01:28
- Re: Do I need my cat?, Bloodnose , Sun, 12 Nov 2017 09:38:43
- OK, OK, derek900, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:40:25
- Re: OK, OK, Snowmobile , Sun, 12 Nov 2017 19:07:28
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!