Re: x2 - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
thanks -- I would guess 10-20 degrees of oil temp drop and then that would translate to the coolant eventually......i think reducing the oil temp makes the hot soak recovery time less, I have an LPT 2.1 with no oil cooler, the cylinder head temp stays at 3 oclock until it gets really hot outside, then it has a heck of a time going down from 2:30 even when driving.
But when the ambient is below 90 degrees, the coolant stays at 3 oclock......
So, I think it's OK, but when I romp on it, the intercooler takes a heat soak hit, makes it hard for the cooling system to keep up when the compressed hot air is coming in, and then no oil cooler.
Time to put on the cooler and water injection :-)
Posts in this Thread:
- Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), OldLinePaul , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 15:42:03
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), StoicBlue87 , Thu, 5 Jul 2018 21:24:00
- Re: Cooling Fan Failure Question (long), ZAAB , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 05:23:21
- x2, Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 09:33:21
- Re: x2, Landjet , Sun, 8 Jul 2018 19:58:59
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:37:58
- Re: x2, Landjet , Mon, 9 Jul 2018 15:44:29 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: x2, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:14:59
- Thanks!, OldLinePaul , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 17:18:56
- Uro, Justin VanAbrahams , Fri, 6 Jul 2018 20:06:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!