Sure sounds like a head gasket... - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main 9000 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Sure sounds like a head gasket...
Posted by Patrick in ABQ [Email] (more from Patrick in ABQ) on Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:05:10
In Reply to: Head gasket, Gerald Reeves, Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:07:07
When mine went out, I had a large coolant leak to the outside, but had *no* drop in cylinder pressure. The metal ring around the cylinder held ok, but the rest of the gasket was failing miserably.
The pressure back into the coolant system is usually a sign of HG failure. Good luck, let us know how it comes out.
posted by 209.240.19...
Posts in this Thread:
- Head gasket, Gerald Reeves, Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:07:07
- Sure sounds like a head gasket..., Patrick in ABQ, Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:05:10 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Head gasket, BobS, Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:20:30
- Re: Head gasket, Trobinson9kT, Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:46:56
- Re: Head gasket, Aerogant, Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:33:02
- Re: Head gasket, BrianZ, Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:16:33
- not a typical head gasket failure symptom, saabaru, Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:16:13
- Forgive me, but this is exactly how my head gasket >, Bill Davies , Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:02:15
- My theory-->, roman, Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:56:14
- Re: not a typical head gasket failure symptom, Gerald Reeves, Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:26:01
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!