Re: thoughts on letting go? - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Tough decision to make. Probably you have to be really stubborn or highly devoted to daily drive a 9000 at this point. I do almost all of my own work which changes the financial side of things though. Most of the things you mention I'd do myself (some I have done) which means just paying for the parts.
I did come to a crossroads on my '97 CSE though when the automatic transmission failed nearly 2 years ago. Although it drives great, the reality is that it's a rusty high-mileage car that is just not worth what it would have cost for a shop to handle the job. A tip here on Saabnet about an inexpensive junkyard transmission, and installing it myself, gave the car a stay of execution. I'm still driving it but have to say that it will be done with the next really big problem. (Not stuff like brakes, exhaust, axles, etc. - but if the engine blows or this trans gives out, or if something hits it and does major damage, then I'm afraid it'll be curtains.)
When I thought I'd be replacing the 9000 with another daily driver I was looking primarily at 9-5 wagons.
->Posting last edited on Sat, 27 Apr 2019 20:17:45.
Posts in this Thread:
- thoughts on letting go?, Matt, Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:26:48
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Matt, Tue, 14 May 2019 11:25:37
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Rociero , Tue, 7 May 2019 03:41:54
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Matthew Hutchinson, Sun, 5 May 2019 13:25:50
- And so?, vtsnaab , Tue, 14 May 2019 16:00:44
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 20:15:55
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 20:11:09
- Re: And so?, Matt, Thu, 16 May 2019 19:43:21
- Re: And so?, Name Left Blank, Wed, 15 May 2019 12:22:23
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, cgwiz , Mon, 6 May 2019 06:14:06
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, andtheHawks , Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:24:07
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, Bill Homer, Sat, 27 Apr 2019 10:51:58
- Re: thoughts on letting go?, JerseySaab , Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:20:23 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!