Re: Yikes.. - Saab 9000 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
1/26 Vintage Saab Club of North America Magazine Feature
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Probably that one had not been maintained very well. Dirty oil is a major contributor to chain wear. I also have a C900 with over 290,000 miles that similarly has no chain noise. My first C900, purchased new, went nearly 400,000 miles and was still running great but was falling apart from rust and it wasn't worth installing yet another transmission.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- '97 CSE 'Chains' advice.., Name Left Blank, Fri, 16 Apr 2021 07:46:37
- Re: '97 CSE 'Chains' advice.., skibumm100, Tue, 4 May 2021 09:44:26
- Timing chains not generally required, David Ingram, Tue, 20 Apr 2021 18:26:15
- Re: '97 CSE 'Chains' advice.., Simon S, Fri, 16 Apr 2021 09:00:33
- Re: '97 CSE 'Chains' advice.., andtheHawks , Fri, 16 Apr 2021 08:48:15
- Re: '97 CSE 'Chains' advice.., thetallguy , Mon, 19 Apr 2021 17:01:15
- interesting.., Name Left Blank, Fri, 16 Apr 2021 09:01:19
- Re: interesting.., JerseySaab , Fri, 16 Apr 2021 15:28:47
- Yikes.., Name Left Blank, Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:07:18
- Re: Yikes.., Simon S, Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:56:13
- Re: Yikes.., JerseySaab , Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:37:06 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!