"Aged" tires - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
With all the press about old out of date tires and the dangers they could pose, I was wondering about old verts and other non daily drives that do not pile on the mileage. Just because a tire is 7 or 8 years old does that mean that the rubber is old and they should be replaced even though they have little mileage on them? Is there a rule of thumb here?
Posts in this Thread:
- "Aged" tires, Steve G , Sat, 18 Apr 2009 07:27:47 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Having a tire tread peel off at 65 mph is not fun!, paul de k, Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:44:04
- Re: "Aged" tires, Dean, Sun, 19 Apr 2009 08:55:31
- I thought this was bunk..., newwithasaab, Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:11:38
- My personal experience......, Herb Hirsch , Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:48:08
- Re: "Aged" tires, Ian Glenday , Sat, 18 Apr 2009 13:43:57
- Re: "Aged" tires, dtech, Sat, 18 Apr 2009 09:24:42
- Re: "Aged" tires, TML , Sat, 18 Apr 2009 08:21:38
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!