$5.50 - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Posted by Ari [Email] (more from Ari) on Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:35:45
In Reply to: OT: get the $85 HDMI cables or the $9 ones?, AlS, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:18:20
I've seen several studies on HDMI cables, and the consensus is that the less expensive ones work just as well as the high priced spread. Based on my experience with high frequency digital electronics and digital transmission lines, This makes sense.
If you need long runs - more than 12 feet / 4 meters, I'd worry more about it. But for the standard 3 or 6 footers, fancy doesn't buy you anything but bragging rights.
The last set I got cost me $5.50 mail order. One very good place is to check out monoprice.com. You can get a 6 footer for about $5.
posted by 192.249.47...
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: get the $85 HDMI cables or the $9 ones?, AlS, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:18:20
- $5.50, Ari, Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:35:45 <-- Viewing This Message
- Pay for what you get, not a name, Mark Anderson, Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:46:42
- For long cable lengths just make sure it's HDMI 1.3, AdamB , Sat, 12 Sep 2009 04:09:20
- Always get the Monster cables, nwas, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 19:14:07
- $9? What a ripoff, andym, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:34:11
- $9.95 to $199 all in one place, DivrDon , Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:19:50
- It's digital, jp498, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:53:04
- Get from Newegg.com, plenty to choose from...., TKC, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:33:02
- I bought one for a penny from Amazon, FauxRealism, Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:15:23
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!