Clocked at 76MPH - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
A few years ago I had a old timer in a Caddie pull out in front of me on a two lane road (60 MPH) here and then proceed to go 45 - 55 mph. I told myself(1996 9000 Aero) when I get a chance to pass, I will. Safe time came open, dropped it to third, punched it and hit 95mph at his doors. Put it back into fifth and started coasting back down to set cruise to about 64mph. Group of cars coming the other way with a Stater being the last of the eight. Looked down at 75mph and then over as he was pulling off to turn around. I went around a big corner past a hill and pulled over to wait for him. Told him I was slowing down after passing. ha asked just how fast i went to pass. told him I like ti get around cars quickly(i not going to give them a number). Verbal warning only. Told this to a County Sheriff I play hockey with. He advised I buy Lottery tickets as this Stater has been enjoying writing ticktes lately. Lucky day...
Posts in this Thread:
- War story time: What's your best cop/ticket story?, Noel , Mon, 30 May 2011 07:01:36
- Re: War story time: What's your best cop/ticket story?, Erik919kt, Thu, 2 Jun 2011 06:15:09
- I miss that old dog ..., JMF, Tue, 31 May 2011 14:41:39
- Clocked at 76MPH, Montana Tom , Tue, 31 May 2011 13:09:38 <-- Viewing This Message
- No issues until arriving in Upstate NY..., Joeychess, Tue, 31 May 2011 12:47:11
- My only run-in with the authorities so far..., B Millar , Tue, 31 May 2011 08:31:58
- Re: War story time: What's your best cop/ticket story?, BrettH, Mon, 30 May 2011 20:22:20
- Re: War story time: What's your best cop/ticket story?, Boomer, Mon, 30 May 2011 18:21:04
- Mom's birthday....., Mike Lynch , Mon, 30 May 2011 16:07:53
- What's a ticket?, MI-Roger , Mon, 30 May 2011 09:45:18
- Re: War story time: What's your best cop/ticket story?, James, Mon, 30 May 2011 09:18:14
- Re: War story time: What's your best cop/ticket story?, EGD , Mon, 30 May 2011 08:19:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!