The Future of the Car - The Economist - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
The banner above is an advertisment - if it asks you to download software, please ignore.
Site News -
8/29 How to Make Amazon.com Pay Saabnet! |
8/23 Video: 1987 Saab Lineup |
8/11 SimpliSafe Security System Review |
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
A century ago, Henry Ford began a revolution in personal mobility. Our special report this week argues that the car is poised for another burst of evolution. And in our cover leader, we predict that it will become cleaner, safer and end up driving itself. If the idea of your car on autopilot sounds far-fetched, remember that TV and heavier-than-air flying machines once did, too. One day people may wonder why earlier generations ever entrusted machines as dangerous as cars to operators as fallible as humans.
Clean, safe and it drives itself
->Posting last edited on Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:55:50.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- The Future of the Car - The Economist, JohnA , Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:55:02 <-- Viewing This Message
- Hacking a Self-Driving Car?, Bill Homer, Wed, 3 Jul 2013 09:16:38
- The future is next week. It's also, Noel, Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:21:10
- watch computers..., Snowmobile , Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:11:27
- I should probably try to get my truck driving school, poop deck pappy , Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:08:58
- literate writing could use some advancements, turbocon86, Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:29:36
- Words is my business ;o), Noel, Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:10:05
- Re: literate writing could use some advancements, RS , Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:18:32
- Re: literate writing could use some advancements, DE , Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:21:38
- That same statement caught me one time, MI-Roger , Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:53:24
- TV and heavier-than-air flying machines...., JohnA , Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:41:16
- New twist on an old idea... technological unemployment., John G, Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:58:16
- Zager and Evans were off by about 500 years, Steve T., Fri, 19 Apr 2013 07:06:47
- depressing, saabsince 93b , Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:02:25
- Not depressing, bring it!!!, Mark from Toronto, Sat, 20 Apr 2013 09:44:13
- True, but consider..., Erik919kt, Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:10:37
- Re: depressing, Name Left Blank, Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:04:05
- Nah, I don't question why people used the catapult, vvack0matic , Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:30:41
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
|Jak Stoll Performance
|M Car Covers
Random Saabnet.com Member Gallery Photos (Click Image)
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | Run Club Menlo Park | ScreenBot
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!