Re: OEM windshield.....15yr old car ? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Where are you located? I had a Boston area shop (JN Phillips) do my 9000 a couple of years ago (the car was probably about 15 years old at the time) and they used OEM glass. I didn't have to wait long.
Also, FWIW, I know a few people that have had problems with Safelite. One on a newer Infiniti and one on a Hyundai. Both windshields leaked and had to be re-sealed a couple times. Don't know what the general opinion is of them, just know of these two friends that used them.
1995 9000 Super CS
2001 9-3 SE Convertible (gone but still in the family)
2004 9-3 Aero Convertible (sold but in good hands)
2007 9-3 Aero SS
2008 9-3 Aero Convertible
Posts in this Thread:
- OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, GFW3pedals , Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:35:40
- update - installed......, GFW3pedals , Fri, 18 Sep 2015 05:51:18
- Not worth it., B Millar , Fri, 18 Sep 2015 05:47:04
- Re: OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, Slug , Fri, 18 Sep 2015 02:07:49
- Re: OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, Jeremy R., Thu, 17 Sep 2015 21:22:42
- Re: OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, turrbo , Thu, 17 Sep 2015 19:08:34 <-- Viewing This Message
- Shouldn't be a big deal..., Noel , Thu, 17 Sep 2015 12:09:30
- Re: OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, Jon Jennings, Wed, 16 Sep 2015 14:47:15
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!