Not worth it. - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/20 Breaking News: SAAB Opens Plant in Indiana |
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The only time I would suggest pushing for OEM is if you've got rain sensing wipers. I believe the OEM comes with the sensor bracket already adhered to the glass, whereas on an aftermarket the glass guy peels off the old one and re-sticks it to the new glass and it never works properly. Insurance companies will usually make you pay the difference between OEM and aftermarket out of pocket.
I had two windshield replacements within 6 months of each other on my 2001 9-5 and they were Pilkington or PPG and they were absolutely fine.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, GFW3pedals , Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:35:40
- update - installed......, GFW3pedals , Fri, 18 Sep 2015 05:51:18
- Not worth it., B Millar , Fri, 18 Sep 2015 05:47:04 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, Slug , Fri, 18 Sep 2015 02:07:49
- Re: OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, Jeremy R., Thu, 17 Sep 2015 21:22:42
- Re: OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, turrbo , Thu, 17 Sep 2015 19:08:34
- Shouldn't be a big deal..., Noel , Thu, 17 Sep 2015 12:09:30
- Re: OEM windshield.....15yr old car ?, Jon Jennings, Wed, 16 Sep 2015 14:47:15
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!