The only thing better is the round spinny thing... - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
The only thing better is the round spinny thing...
Posted by Cary (more from Cary) on Sat, 16 Jan 2016 10:14:28
In Reply to: Can you believe?, No Snaab, Fri, 15 Jan 2016 05:34:23
you sometimes see on boats. Wikipedia has it under "clear view screen"
From the article...
Clear view screens were originally developed in the mid-1930s for automobiles as a better option than standard windshield wipers but were soon found more suitable for small boats and larger ships. On ships, a clear view screen is usually on the bridge and rotates at high speed (~1500 rpm). Clear view screens are also used in locomotives and rail transport.
posted by 74.92.140...
Posts in this Thread:
- Can you believe?, No Snaab, Fri, 15 Jan 2016 05:34:23
- The only thing better is the round spinny thing..., Cary, Sat, 16 Jan 2016 10:14:28 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Can you believe?, Dean, Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:38:53
- Why shouldn't a simple solution endure?, Mike Lynch , Fri, 15 Jan 2016 10:50:06
- Re: Can you believe?, A1-turbo, Fri, 15 Jan 2016 10:42:40
- i know, right?, bobc , Fri, 15 Jan 2016 07:04:53
- Re: Can you believe?, Les_H, Fri, 15 Jan 2016 06:14:14
- Re: Can you believe?, Henri L , Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:05:08
- Rain-X at speeds too! Great for road salt slime. Nm, Norm9-5, Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:56:38
- "Permanent" Rain-X, RodM, Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:25:50
- Re: Can you believe?, Simon S, Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:56:56
- Agree., PGAero , Fri, 15 Jan 2016 08:13:28
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!