Re: Alloy rim? That's my bet. Been there. - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I use old alloys for the winter tires. The local tire shop does not do a god job cleaning corrosion off the mating surface at the edges so the tires always leaked.
My indy gets off all the corrosion and puts on bead sealing goop and leaks are history. He also does this when I take new tires to him for mounting (I buy them from Tire Rack or similar) and none of the tires on 4 older Saabs leak--that's 8 sets of tires.
1999 9-3 SE auto (daily driver)
1996 9000 CSE 5 speed (soon to leave)
2003 9-5 Linear SportWagon (wife's)
1984 C900 4 door Base model (RIP)
1995 9000 CS (sold)
1996 9000 CS (RIP)
2000 9-3 SE (RIP)
Posts in this Thread:
- Tire keeps losing ALL the air on cold days...., Tulsaab , Mon, 30 Jan 2017 15:10:59
- Thanks for all the suggestions!, Tulsaab , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 10:01:56
- Re: Tire keeps losing ALL the air on cold days...., Name Left Blank, Thu, 2 Feb 2017 07:27:11
- All speculation until you soap it or dunk it...., Ryan Eirich , Wed, 1 Feb 2017 14:13:55
- Alloy rim?, Bill Homer, Tue, 31 Jan 2017 16:35:15
- bead might be loose, Tim, Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:38:03
- Re: Tire keeps losing ALL the air on cold days...., AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 30 Jan 2017 16:04:38
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!