Re: I was afraid of that - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: I was afraid of that
Posted by tri again (more from tri again) on Tue, 7 Feb 2017 06:51:36
In Reply to: Re: I was afraid of that, TG, Tue, 7 Feb 2017 03:39:47
And so it goes, I drove a 73 99 from Virginia to Calif. 3 days and 36 mpg,
weber sidedraft, progressive 2 barrel. Relocating for work, as a saab mech to put myself thru school.
In order to register the 99, I had to pay SALES tax on the car I already owned,and just drove x-country and all back registration fees for all the years it wasn't registered in Calif.
Way over a grand to get started and at least 500 a year for mandatory coverage.
Perfect credit and driving record, for the record.
Hard to believe this story is actually true.
sn: I bought some Honda trike transmission parts. Description was " works perfectly, came off a perfectly running 3 wheeler".
Now WHY would anyone even consider parting out a great machine
that works perfectly?
Is it stolen? Is the frame bent and useless but it runs
Ok, here's the punchline, for real.
There is NO way to register an old motorcycle or car so parts are wonderfully available. If a car has too many tickets, like a San Fran turbo? Cheap!
You simply cannot register it unless you pay all the back fees and you haven't even done anything wrong yet.This story is intended to make us all laugh.
Kinda funny that it's true.
I should write a country song.
posted by 75.170.3...
Posts in this Thread:
- Liscense plate costs, Ken , Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:22:00
- This is crazy, Montana Tom , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 00:20:54
- Wow, you were gobsmacked!, MI-Roger , Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:34:07
- gobsmacked AND depressed, Ken , Mon, 6 Feb 2017 19:56:49
- I was afraid of that, MI-Roger , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 03:21:26
- You were right!, Ken , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 14:25:38
- Re: I was afraid of that, TG, Tue, 7 Feb 2017 03:39:47
- Re: I was afraid of that, tri again, Tue, 7 Feb 2017 06:51:36 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: I was afraid of that, PGAero , Wed, 8 Feb 2017 08:12:25
- Reg. in another state first, then in your home state, Montana Tom , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:47:06
- Re: I was afraid of that, seth1065 , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 14:02:09
- Yipes! NY State asleep at the tax wheel!, westernny, Tue, 7 Feb 2017 07:16:12
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!