Wow, you were gobsmacked! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
My Viggen convertible is the most costly of our three Saabs to plate here in Michigan due to its $45K+ Sticker Price back in 2000. Plates for it have cost $171 per year for each of the three years I have owned it. Add $35/year if you have a vanity plate, add another ~$25/year if you have a College or Charity plate. There may be a one time initial plate fee, since you said the car is new to you, that I am not aware of.
Being it is a '92 you can buy a Michigan Historical Plate for it at a cheap cost. But know this plate type has very limiting driving restrictions! Pretty much parade duty, driving to/from parades, and driving to/from car events.
I hate Michigan's fee structure too. The age discounts for cars stop far too soon. The Viggen is the most expensive to plate and only gets driven ~3,000 miles per year. Keep this Plate Fee structure in mind if a wild hair is causing you to consider buying an old Ferrari or Porsche that is unloved and priced less than a new car.
->Posting last edited on Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:42:08.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan
2006 9-3SC 2.0T
2000 Viggen Convertible
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- Liscense plate costs, Ken , Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:22:00
- This is crazy, Montana Tom , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 00:20:54
- Wow, you were gobsmacked!, MI-Roger , Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:34:07 <-- Viewing This Message
- gobsmacked AND depressed, Ken , Mon, 6 Feb 2017 19:56:49
- I was afraid of that, MI-Roger , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 03:21:26
- You were right!, Ken , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 14:25:38
- Re: I was afraid of that, TG, Tue, 7 Feb 2017 03:39:47
- Re: I was afraid of that, tri again, Tue, 7 Feb 2017 06:51:36
- Re: I was afraid of that, PGAero , Wed, 8 Feb 2017 08:12:25
- Reg. in another state first, then in your home state, Montana Tom , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:47:06
- Re: I was afraid of that, seth1065 , Tue, 7 Feb 2017 14:02:09
- Yipes! NY State asleep at the tax wheel!, westernny, Tue, 7 Feb 2017 07:16:12
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!