Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Well, I don't think of more gears as " more go fast " . I tend to agree with Justin, leaning towards better economy. Driving my SO's 6 speed 9-3 Aero, I kind of wonder why so many. I skip 4th regularly with my 9-5, so with her car and the additional power it has, I skip from 3rd to 6th! That is if ive no where to go in a hurry, LOL. The car also has the power to pull right from 6th with no problem. IMHO, we all could probably get away with 4, Saab with historically super low 1st gears, a taller 1st, a power 2nd , and tall 3rd and 4ths.
Posts in this Thread:
- Are 6 speeds necessary ?, Cannonball, Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:31:49
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ? I hope so., andym, Wed, 8 Mar 2017 16:51:06
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, IndySaaber, Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:09:56
- How many gears does one need?, Noel , Sun, 26 Feb 2017 07:23:31
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, cheaptech , Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:49:04
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, AdamD, Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:47:20
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, JMJinNC, Thu, 23 Feb 2017 07:00:39
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, Snowmobile , Thu, 23 Feb 2017 06:53:33
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, GFW3pedals , Thu, 23 Feb 2017 06:33:47 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Are 6 speeds necessary ?, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:51:25
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!