rust check - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
we have zeibart up here, but I've never used that system. We use rust check, but many others use Krown which is similar. They are both oil based sprays (and there are others) that get applied annually and have a lifetime rust-free warranty if applied annually from new. iirc, zeibart is a 1 time application? is it the same formula now as in the past?
Anyway, rust proofing is the only reason we are still driving a 1989 c900 in the rust belt. All the others are long gone. Rusted to pieces. That said, the car still has rust, and it is mostly from where the spray did not get applied (eg under the carpets). All the sprays etc just slow the inevitable down, at least on cars bought used that had not been previously sprayed. Whenever working on the cars, removing fasteners etc, I always envy owners of southern cars! Not only is it a pain to remove stuff, everything is an oily mess due to the spray...
That said, it is like night and day if I park next to someone who doesn't rust spray... and that is enough cars that now with the newest saabs 7+ years old (and few available post 2008), it is soon going to be hard to find a saab that doesn't already have rust setting in... the sprays slow rust down once it starts, but it is most important to get it on there before rust begins in the first place - keeps moisture out of crevices where rust usually starts.
Might still buy another new one if I stumble upon a good one, but I've got enough saabs now to have "a keeper"... so we need reliable transportation over project cars at this point.
Posts in this Thread:
- saab not a "dead" brand it is merely moribund ! or is it ? NO !, neil dale , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:56:283
- This is a great thread. One of TSN's best ever., Noel , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 11:11:551
- Re: saab not a "dead" brand it is merely moribund ! or is it ? NO !, Craig, Thu, 16 Mar 2017 13:47:36
- Just take a breath!, southsaab , Wed, 15 Mar 2017 06:33:262
- Used 9-3s for Sale with <50K Miles, EGD , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:05:47
- Not if we have anything to do with it..., Scott Paterson , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 19:23:411
- Re: saab not a, EGD , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:16:151
- All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., MI-Roger , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 15:36:121
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:16:18
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., neil dale , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:29:33
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., neil dale , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:34:32
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., K-Saab , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 03:36:46
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., neil dale , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:40:47
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., SWEDECAR , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:02:23
- Saabs and Oldsmobiles, DickT , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:07:21
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., EGD , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:01:11
- re repair shops..., Snowmobile , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:29:49
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., Dan-O, Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:33:461
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!