Just take a breath! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Fellow Saabists, just calm down. You don't know how lucky you are. Though Trollhatten no longer makes Saabs, it lives on through our efforts to keep our cars running. We are tremendously lucky that ORIO still sells OEM parts. If only I would have had that for my 99T. When I sold it it was a hybrid 99 and 900, due to NO parts support for the 99 model. Same with my 900CT. When my replacement ABS pump went out, there were NO NOS pumps available anymore, and I couldn't find anyone who would rebuild one due to liability issues. With my 9-5, thankfully, ORIO exists, and I'm not reduced to junk yard scavenging yet.
There are still shops that repair them. Again, ORIO has helped shore up the service center/repair shop network. Not one near you? That is an issue, but it always was even when Saab was still alive.
No aftermarket parts? Too expensive to repair? Saab owners are spoiled. If you bought used, you have a Euro premium car on the cheap. They are durable, not necessarily appliance reliable, and do need maintenance.
No more new Saabs? True, but we have to get over it. We are enthusiasts now, not really relevant to the greater new car world. We love our cars anyway, and enjoy them. Why be upset?
Thank the Chinese for cloning Tech2s; without them, Trionic cars would be really out of luck. GM thankfully isn't interested in pressing DRM on us.
My point is we have much to be thankful for as Saab enthusiasts. So, pull yourselves together. And don't flame me too much :)
posted by 73.152.54...
Posts in this Thread:
- saab not a "dead" brand it is merely moribund ! or is it ? NO !, neil dale , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:56:283
- This is a great thread. One of TSN's best ever., Noel , Sat, 18 Mar 2017 11:11:551
- Re: saab not a "dead" brand it is merely moribund ! or is it ? NO !, Craig, Thu, 16 Mar 2017 13:47:36
- Just take a breath!, southsaab , Wed, 15 Mar 2017 06:33:26 <-- Viewing This Message2
- Used 9-3s for Sale with <50K Miles, EGD , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:05:47
- Not if we have anything to do with it..., Scott Paterson , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 19:23:411
- Re: saab not a, EGD , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:16:151
- All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., MI-Roger , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 15:36:121
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:16:18
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., neil dale , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:29:33
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., neil dale , Mon, 13 Mar 2017 17:34:32
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., K-Saab , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 03:36:46
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., neil dale , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:40:47
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., SWEDECAR , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:02:23
- Saabs and Oldsmobiles, DickT , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:07:21
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., EGD , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:01:11
- re repair shops..., Snowmobile , Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:29:49
- Re: All of us here feel that way in our hearts and minds, but...., Dan-O, Tue, 14 Mar 2017 07:33:461
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!