Re: Tire Pressures - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: Tire Pressures
Posted by BobD (more from BobD) on Wed, 18 Apr 2018 09:29:42
In Reply to: Re: Tire Pressures, Roger D [Profile/Gallery]
, Wed, 18 Apr 2018 07:39:27
The pressure on the tire sidewall is the max pressure for the maximum load the tire is rated for by the manufacturer. This max load per tire is often well in excess of the vehicle weight. Modern tire construction has reduced the inner wear/outer wear due to pressures, and to some degree fuel economy. I would run pressure listed on the door jamb +. I have always figured that the manufacturers recommended pressure is to some degree based on ride quality and would be less than the optimal for handling.
I run 2-6# greater and get very good even wear.
posted by 207.118.29...
Posts in this Thread:
- Tire Pressures, Roger D , Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:27:28
- Re: Tire Pressures, Simon S, Mon, 23 Apr 2018 11:41:28
- Re: Tire Pressures, cheaptech , Fri, 20 Apr 2018 12:20:11
- Re: Tire Pressures, Snowmobile , Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:51:01
- Re: Tire Pressures, Pete , Tue, 17 Apr 2018 14:28:41
- Re: Tire Pressures, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 17 Apr 2018 20:54:09
- Re: Tire Pressures, Snowmobile , Wed, 18 Apr 2018 04:01:23
- Re: Tire Pressures, Roger D , Wed, 18 Apr 2018 07:39:27
- Re: Tire Pressures, BobD, Wed, 18 Apr 2018 09:29:42 <-- Viewing This Message
- Agreed, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 18 Apr 2018 10:02:53
- Re: Tire Pressures, Name Left Blank, Wed, 18 Apr 2018 09:00:58
- Re: Tire Pressures, DE , Wed, 18 Apr 2018 08:48:12
- Re: Tire Pressures start w/ the manufacturer recommended amt, neil dale , Wed, 18 Apr 2018 12:53:111
- Re: Tire Pressures start w/ the manufacturer recommended amt, Sarunas , Sat, 28 Apr 2018 19:37:15
- Re: Tire Pressures start w/ the manufacturer recommended amt, Sarunas , Thu, 19 Apr 2018 05:41:55
- Very Cool! Giving an iOS one a try - will review. RETURNED, Scott Paterson , Wed, 18 Apr 2018 13:24:02
- Trying the Vesafe Universal Solar TPMS, Wireless TPMS, Scott Paterson , Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:07:58
- Be careful with external screw-on sensors., Bill Homer, Sun, 22 Apr 2018 12:44:402
- Re: Very Cool! Giving an iOS one a try -, neil dale , Fri, 20 Apr 2018 13:54:361
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!