Sorry! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I misunderstood what you were saying - I thought you were talking about the newer stuff, not the "retrofit" stuff.
But, I don't think that #12378560 is G05 - it's closer to modern "All Makes Prestone." #12378560 is an OAT coolant containing 2EHA but is silicate and nitrate-free. It would be incompatible with G05, which is HOAT and contains silicates. AFAIK, GM never used G05 or a G05-related product. I think #12378560 came into being to go into everything that hadn't been "certified" for Dexcool, but I don't know.
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)?, Craig, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:10:07
- DexCool, John Fitzgerald , Sun, 8 Jul 2018 13:55:52
- Mercedes Blue G48 in the Viggen, MI-Roger , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 18:57:16
- Re: What coolant are people using in newer Saabs?, JimBlake , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 12:30:26
- Re:ethylene glycol, don't overthink it. n/m, Tom G , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 06:40:08
- Re: What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)?, Craig, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 19:07:31
- Re: What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)?, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:31:49
- Re: What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)?, SWEDECAR , Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:04:13
- Re: What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)?, Justin VanAbrahams , Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:42:12
- No, that is not true., SWEDECAR , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 09:42:15
- Sorry!, Justin VanAbrahams , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:26:00 <-- Viewing This Message
- Zerex G-05, Bill Homer, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:13:36
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!