From 2 SAABs to 2 Volvos - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main General Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
From 2 SAABs to 2 Volvos
Posted by TKC (more from TKC) on Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:41:06
In Reply to: 2019 S60 T6 R Design, pony, Sun, 10 Feb 2019 03:48:20
Replaced wife's 2003 9-5 Aero with an used 2010 Volvo S80 T6 in 2013.
Replaced my 1995 9000 Aero with an used 2015 Volvo V60 R-Design Platinum in 2017 (a real sad day to see my car of 22 years went on the flat bed).
On with the Volvos...
2010 S80 with T6 AWD (turbo 6 with roughly 275-300HP, depending on model year, torque at around 295 lb-ft)
- The good:
Nice highway cruiser and the cabin is relatively quiet
Wonderful seats all around
Fit and finish and overall quality better than the 9-5, it just feels solid,
It's fast with the T6 in a straight line,
Large trunk (maybe a bit bigger than the 9-5)
- The not so good:
It's a heavy car
Turning circle of an aircraft carrier
Handling not too crisp, definitely not nimble
Harsh suspension with the 18" wheel (standard on T6 models I believe)
Alloy wheels bend easily
Less rear seat leg room
Lower gas mileage (as expected with a 6)
S80 is an old design
2015 V60 T6 R-Design Platinum AWD (325HP with 350 lb-ft or something like that, the engine is essentially the same as the S80 T6 transverse mounted 3L 6 cylinder thingy with different tuning)
- The good:
Platinum trim with Xenon headlights and other little things
2015 R-Design T6 comes with a Polestar tune (but not full Polestar suspension components)
Small, compact, nimble
(only 182"+ in length)
- The not so good:
Just ok rear seat leg room
Small cargo capacity because of high cargo floor (the S60 is even worse)
No spare tire (only a patch kit and air pump)
Harsh ride even with the 18" wheels
When we go out, we usually take the S80, so the V60 sees very little use.
Thus far, both cars with the T6 6 cylinder have been reliable.
posted by 173.54.19...
Posts in this Thread:
- 2019 S60 T6 R Design, pony, Sun, 10 Feb 2019 03:48:20
- Re: 2019 S60 T6 R Design WE tried a volvo do not like it, neil dale , Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:30:39
- From 2 SAABs to 2 Volvos, TKC, Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:41:06 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: 2019 S60 T6 R Design, kemosaabe, Sun, 10 Feb 2019 09:08:26
- Volvo is a brand many Saabers are investigating, MI-Roger , Sun, 10 Feb 2019 05:52:47
- Best of both worlds?, DE , Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:27:01
- Re: Volvo is a brand many Saabers are investigating, EGD , Sun, 10 Feb 2019 19:17:54
- Alfa Romeo Guilia or SUV is a car saabers could love, neil dale , Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:35:301
- My poor wife takes all kind of crap from her family re: our Saabs, MI-Roger , Mon, 11 Feb 2019 08:31:50
- Re: My poor wife takes all kind of crap from her family re: our Saabs, EGD , Thu, 14 Feb 2019 07:50:05
- Can't get 2017 V60 AWD for $26K of a 2018 TourX., Norm9-5, Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:23:44
- Roger, get the TourX and report back every quarter....., TKC, Tue, 12 Feb 2019 05:26:30
- Eliminate seasonal tire swaps, DE , Tue, 12 Feb 2019 04:52:14
- Re: My poor wife takes all kind of crap from her family re: our Saabs, No Snaab, Tue, 12 Feb 2019 04:13:14
- Re: Volvo is a brand many Saabers are investigating, A1-turbo, Sun, 10 Feb 2019 07:16:56
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!