Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight? - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
10/13 Saabnet.com Celebrates 33 Years on the Internet! Win a $133 Gift Card! |
9/29 Photo of the Year Open Submissions
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I really don't have much experience in this except that the autobody shops can charge a fortune for relatively trivial repairs, so this will likely cost quite a good amount to fix properly using a shop. Really depends how deep the damage is, but any paint work is costly alone. I am assuming the car is Canadian? Unfortunately the OG9-3's on the market here are mostly trashed, rusty, and high mileage so if you compare with recently sold cars in Canada, most are selling for well south of $3k. Convincing the insurer to look at cars sold in the American market might be a challenge (it's really not the same) and very few TSN listings are Canadian.
I think if you have some evidence (rust free, recent work, low mileage etc) that it was a creampuff, it is likely worth haggling. On the upside, there are lots of people dumping saabs cheap up here still, so if it is not repairable, there should be something out there.
Posts in this Thread:
Members do not see ads below this line. - Help Keep This Site Online - Signup
- Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, bender , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 07:56:32
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, Snowmobile , Thu, 25 Apr 2019 12:50:58 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, JTRI , Wed, 24 Apr 2019 19:51:13
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, Scott Paterson , Wed, 24 Apr 2019 11:02:073
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, westernny, Wed, 24 Apr 2019 08:22:311
- Re: Settlement fr insurance - accept or fight? will this work ?, neil dale , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 22:22:04
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, EGD , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 20:15:06
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 18:52:58
- Re:settlement is this a Canadian thing ? i think USA too !, neil dale , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 12:47:25
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, PGAero , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 12:25:27
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, bobc , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 10:50:062
- Re: Settlement from insurance - accept or fight?, TML , Tue, 23 Apr 2019 09:45:35
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!