NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|93 Bulletin Board|
I don't see a direct correlation between those codes and A/C conking out???
If the codes are retrieved from the T8 fuel ECU, they deal with engine management main relay and if that relay would have issues, the car would not run, or not start or stall while driving since it is cutting out the main power to ECU.
There is a chance that the ECU goes into limp home mode because of some voltage fluctuations and that could kill off some auxiliary devices like A/C compressor and maybe make the car run sluggish due to base boost.
I did however have an 08 9-3 in yesterday for a A/C comp shut off and will get the car back in on Monday to see if I can figure it out.
One anomaly I found on that car is that the cooling fans only run in 1st speed even though I tried to activate 2nd, 3d and 4th speed with the Tech 2 and it was a fault code related to that, P-0696 indicating problems with 3 speed.
I did notice that the ground signal to A/C comp relay was missing and Tech 2 showed A/C relay Off when problem was present but that only means the ECU have turned off ground signal for one or another reason.
My first suspicion goes toward the cooling fan control module between cooling fans and that's what I will test with on Monday.
Posts in this Thread:
- P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 05:47:54
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:40:05 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 04:10:41
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:06:40
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:40:12
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:25:34
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:17:03
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, SWEDECAR , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 10:25:01
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, Stefan, Sun, 1 Jul 2018 02:02:43
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, TML , Sat, 30 Jun 2018 17:41:53
- Re: P0686, P0687, intermittent A/C, Bernie , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 20:14:03
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.