200K might be a good interval, for some - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
I've got 9-5s with 220,000 miles and 195,000 miles on them and in each case, the factory water pump is still quiet and leaks nothing. 2.3 liter iron block motor, full output turbos.
I just did a California 2.3 liter non turbo ('96 900 S) water pump with 207,000 and it was fully shot (but it is 22 years old). I'm beginning to think if we're very careful about the "stuff" we use as coolant when we add, and perhaps if the car does less harsh winter use and does more highway cruising, you can get 200,000 miles without too much fanfare. I think the reason replacement pumps often don't do so well, is because the coolant chemistry is messed up on that Saab.
posted by 73.177.62...
Posts in this Thread:
- Does this sound like a waterpump?, Bmwjoe, Thu, 8 Feb 2018 03:41:02
- It is the waterpump, Bmwjoe, Wed, 14 Feb 2018 02:35:44
- Fixed, Bmwjoe, Wed, 21 Feb 2018 18:22:49
- Re: Fixed, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Wed, 21 Feb 2018 21:34:47
- Re: Does this sound like a waterpump?, Name Left Blank, Mon, 12 Feb 2018 11:32:33
- Waterpump leak ? If DIY, pressure test to be sure . . ., Mark in Marine , Thu, 8 Feb 2018 07:42:28
- Re: Does this sound like a waterpump?, Migmig, Thu, 8 Feb 2018 06:44:18
- Re: Does this sound like a waterpump?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Thu, 8 Feb 2018 06:39:10
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!