Re: Front tire wear - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
I have to assume that during part of those 3 years, your fronts were on the back.
Normally, that's where the "inside" wear starts - though it may only become evident after extended use on the front.
If your tires are Directional, you could "flip" these front tires, left to right and right to left, and use them on the back where wear is almost always towards the inside side. Then, go about replacing all worn suspension parts on the front AND back and then have the whole thing aligned. If the back is worn out, an alignment of the rebuilt front is of limited value and the opposite is also true. Fix the back and the parts in the front are still worn, and alignment can get you only do so much.
posted by 73.177.62...
Posts in this Thread:
- Front tire wear, GFW3pedals , Tue, 13 Feb 2018 06:13:41
- Camber at both ends..., Stephen Goldberger, Sun, 18 Feb 2018 12:46:22
- Re: Front tire wear, TG, Wed, 14 Feb 2018 03:57:31
- Re: Front tire wear, Boris Bubbanov, Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:51:46 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Front tire wear, TG, Tue, 13 Feb 2018 09:06:31
- Re: Front tire wear, I make it just for you, Tue, 13 Feb 2018 07:34:59
- Re: Front tire wear, bobc , Tue, 13 Feb 2018 06:56:45
- Re: Front tire wear, Snowmobile , Tue, 13 Feb 2018 06:51:13
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!