Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback? - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Seems a touch high to me. Carving up the deck lid and slightly fumbling the rear badge attachments are all recoverable but knock the price down in my mind a little.
98K is pretty low miles. That's good. Has this been living the life of a garage-queen?
Besides the problems you mention, anything else wrong? History of the car can be important...life in New England? Or Arizona? What kind of owner-driver? Maintenance history?
Any llamas involved? Scratch that, just kidding.
Old CIS fuel-injection can be a PITA with replacement parts these days but certainly do-able.
You can always use Kelly Blue Book to your advantage if you want. A good-condition 1992 turbo ranges from $860-2000. I can't access an older date like 1981 because the website only starts at 1992. I'm sure there's a way to look it up but I'm not seeing it this instant.
I'd be motivated to start no higher than $2K if in perfect condition outside what you're mentioning. But at that year, I'd probably start even lower.
AND...I'm playing armchair quarterback -- you're there and potentially ready to consider or present an offer so you're in the best position to sense if it feels like an acceptable deal.
Best of luck.
->Posting last edited on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:16:22.
Posts in this Thread:
- $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, James, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:52:18
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, StoicBlue87 , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:15:06 <-- Viewing This Message
- Kelly Blue Book, Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:33:59
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, James, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:27:50
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, StoicBlue87 , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:57:57
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:11:08
- Walter has retired, fyi... but his son is still there..., Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:39:37
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, James, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:54:141
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, Saabina, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:00:57
- WHAT!!!, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:06:30
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:57:20
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!