Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback? - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Scott, I know the KBB is NOT an absolutely clear guide for pricing old Saabs. Sometimes it's a good reference point if you're negotiating a price. I use it as a lever if needed when dealing.
I use it to prompt sobbing and wailing when I want to feel sorry for myself regarding my own Saabs.
James, I'm also in Los Angeles and just guessed a quick scan on Craigslist. I think I'm seeing the car you're talking about.
I think $4K is too high. It's in decent shape but at 4K, I'd expect everything to work and be really clean. That car doesn't appear to be in pristine shape. And those are TRX rims, original for that year. Nice performance but fast-wearing and a PITA to replace (I think). They're a special non-standard size. I knew many people who replaced with later-year Saab rims when they tired of the expense and hassle of those tires (I may be wrong about this but my understanding is TRX rims/tires as to be avoided or replaced).
If you want to be certain of its condition, take it to Walter Wong. He'll happily do an inspection for you (should be free) and generate a written list of everything he finds. You can take that list back to your seller if you're still interested.
I'm familiar with Walter's process because a prospective buyer of my c900 convertible did this to me. It was a fair review and knocked my price down a little.
Something non-related that's catching my eye on current Los Angeles CL offerings. There's a battered 87 SPG that with Trionic conversion. The car is in rough rough shape but has passed smog?
I thought Justin was the only guy in CA with Trionic converted classic 900s. Makes me wonder.
->Posting last edited on Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:58:22.
Posts in this Thread:
- $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, James, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 10:52:18
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, StoicBlue87 , Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:15:06
- Kelly Blue Book, Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:33:59
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, James, Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:27:50
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, StoicBlue87 , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:57:57 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:11:08
- Walter has retired, fyi... but his son is still there..., Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:39:37
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, James, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:54:141
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, Saabina, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:00:57
- WHAT!!!, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:06:30
- Re: $4750 for an '81 Turbo hatchback?, Scott Paterson , Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:57:20
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!