NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
|9000 Bulletin Board|
Bring it to Charles River Saab in Watertown and for about $120 they'll go through the car end to end and give you a nice list of every possible thing that is wrong with it. Everyone there is a true Saab person and they can help steer you in the right direction.
If the car has made it 200k miles, chances are good that it has been pretty well cared for. That said, expect that things that were replaced around the 100k mark to start popping up again. Common 9000 issues like the heater core, blower motor, ABS sensors, DI cassette, water pump, PS pump, fuel pump, belt tensioner, etc., seem to pop somewhere between 100k and 150k, so eventually those are going to have to be done again. I just had to put new shocks on mine at 200k, and had the headgasket and timing chain done at around 195k.
Check the rear shock towers and front A pillars for rust. Both are fixable, but not cheap. Where is this car for sale? I'm in Boston, wonder if I've seen it?
1995 9000 Super CS
2001 9-3 SE Convertible (gone but still in the family)
2004 9-3 Aero Convertible
Posts in this Thread:
- High-mileage 9000 Aero, no records, but feels ok: y/n, Dabbling, Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:08:34
- Cheers guys, I just bought it and will be taking it in, Dabbling, Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:15:27
- Careful! You're about to find a new obsession., Noel , Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:52:39
- Re: Congrats and welcome! n/m, Street, Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:08:49
- Welcome the club!, Esteban , Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:43:49
- Re: Cheers guys, I just bought it and will be taking it in, T. Christopher, Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:23:55
- Re: High-mileage 9000 Aero, no records, but feels ok: y/n, turrbo , Sat, 11 Feb 2012 22:36:43 <-- Viewing This Message
- If the car has been Staged..., Noel , Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:48:52
- I bought a 9000 with near 300,000 miles..., JerseySaab , Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:04:43
- Re: High-mileage 9000 Aero, no records, but feels ok: y/n, Simon S, Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:40:36
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.