Re: Check the wiring first - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
If the motor ran intermittently before going south it may also be that the brushed are gone. I had a blower motor run until the the only thing left was the brush spring. Fortunately, brushes are very soft and easily shaped with sand paper to fit the brush holder. I got a brush for a different application and shaped it to fit, soldered it in and the blower worked like a champ for years.
posted by 165.225.34...
Posts in this Thread:
- Source for cabin blower motor?, JerseySaab , Tue, 5 Jun 2018 15:00:23
- Check the wiring first, Bill Homer, Tue, 5 Jun 2018 19:47:53
- It's the wiring/plug, JerseySaab , Wed, 6 Jun 2018 10:34:42
- Re: Check the wiring first, Craig, Wed, 6 Jun 2018 08:47:41
- Re: Check the wiring first, JerseySaab , Wed, 6 Jun 2018 06:33:54
- Re: Check the wiring first, skibumm100, Wed, 6 Jun 2018 05:22:21 <-- Viewing This Message
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!