Both very good cars. But I agree the body of the 9-3 looks old NOW, when the new 9-3 comes out it will really look old. Also consider SAFTEY, BMW got a "recommended" rating from IIHS, the 9-3 was "acceptable". BMW has (6) front seat airbags(1 front & (2) side head & torso seperate airbags).
BMW has DSC, which is much safer for handling in the RAIN, it will prevent you from losing control. The saab cockpit IS very narrow, people will quote the numbers, but sit in both. Saab feels much smaller inside. With a new 9-3 less than 12 mos. away, why would you get a body style that has been around 8 years ! I'd wait for the new 9-3,or go with the 325i. As far as using the cost difference to invest, then why not get an old clunker for $5K and use the difference to invest. or take the bus, and use the entire 28k to invest, then you will really come out ahead.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- help in buying a 9-3 se, riddddge, Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:30:19
- 9-3/325i - the real story, chris g., Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:20:01
- Have to disagree here SAAB is safe!, Coolknight, Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:59:23
- SAAB is safe!.. NOT any more buddy, Karel, Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:18:38
- funny how when you don't like test results they are invalid, chris g., Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:58:12
- Re: funny how when you don't like test results they are invalid, David Mills, Sat, 21 Oct 2000 16:34:44
- You are right that the only valid test is the EuroNCAP, AdamB , Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:38:39
- Decisions, Roger (NAWC), Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:21:08
- Re: funny how when you don't like test results they are invalid, Anton, Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:05:07
- no kidding!, Scott R., Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:41:21
- Made similar decision, sam, Tue, 17 Oct 2000 06:35:38
- Re: help in buying a 9-3 se, MPY, Tue, 17 Oct 2000 00:44:07
- i did the same excercise, joshua harrison, Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:45:23
- Re: help in buying a 9-3 se, n8, Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:39:36
- Re: help in buying a 9-3 se, Erik, Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:28:42
- Re: help in buying a 9-3 se, Erik, Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:27:12
- Need to drive an SE first..., Richard P., Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:35:50
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!