Without the hatch, I think the competition is fierce. I personally don't like the new dash of the 9-3SS. I think the older style was better and less cluttered. There's the IS300, which is relatively cheap and gets you reliability (something my car hasn't had) with real wheel drive and a 6-CD in-dash radio. There's a stripped BMW 330, with sport suspension with great materials and great handling. Living in the NE, I'd have to think about a BMW in the snow, but during one major snow storm last winter, one car that seemed to be doing well was a BMW. Then there's Audi's, which I think are underpowered for the price. However, they have the nicest interior of any competition. The, if you're into the Fast and Furious, there's the Subaru WRX or WRX STi.
It's a hard call, but I think the 9-3SS is comparable, particularly if you can wait until there are incentives.
posted by 69.0.37...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Should I replace my 2001 Saab 93 with a 2004 93?, Ben, Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:30:29
- Funny to see the answers people have written, AdamB , Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:10:00
- Re: Should I replace my 2001 Saab 93 with a 2004 93?, Ben, Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:00:35
- Re: Save $$ and get what you liked..., STICKMAN, Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:52:40
- Prioritize your own list..., Jeff in ATL, Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:29:32
- We kinda did, Mike D, Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:45:05
- This thread has beaten the 9-3 SS into the ground..., Mark J, Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:50:52
- Amen!...., chris74, Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:38:39
- Other options...., Mike Lynch , Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:25:36
- Re: Should I replace my 2001 Saab 93 with a 2004 93?, Tom, Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:01:09
- Re: Should I replace my 2001 Saab 93 with a 2004 93?, GM, Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:38:37
- Re: Should I replace my 2001 Saab 93 with a 2004 93?, Paul , Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:36:47
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!