It follows an exponential decay curve (Y = 1 - e^x). The "half-time" is typically anywhere between 3-10 minutes depending on the compressor implementation/quality; good/new compressors usually take longer as they are less leaky. It takes 3x "half-times" to drop existing pressure to 1/8. Damage to compressor seal is cumulative over time.
posted by 76.118.39...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Advice on purchasing 1999 9-3 S, Justin, Wed, 13 Apr 2011 19:27:54
- Re: Advice on purchasing 1999 9-3 S, juanm , Sat, 16 Apr 2011 11:21:49
- Got service history?, Noel , Thu, 14 Apr 2011 05:58:05
- I agree..., James, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 07:36:31
- Re: I agree..., Tim, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:45:44
- transition years..., James, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:05:04
- I don't like ACC in used car, Tim, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:23:42
- Re: I don't like ACC in used car, Rizzlius, Sat, 16 Apr 2011 17:40:42
- Re: I don't like ACC in used car, ryan, Fri, 15 Apr 2011 06:41:41
- how?, James, Sat, 16 Apr 2011 08:07:23
- Re: how?, ryan, Wed, 20 Apr 2011 06:44:51
- Re: how?, Tim, Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:43:21
- good point!, James, Fri, 15 Apr 2011 03:29:52
- Re: I agree..., CraigSu, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:26:31
- Re: I agree..., Philip Schall, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:27:35
- Re: Advice on purchasing 1999 9-3 S, BS, Thu, 14 Apr 2011 03:53:51
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!