I have been an expat in places other than the UK, but there are some common issues. Lots to consider here, and without more specifics it is hard to make any recommendations. Some questions:
1. Who are you going to be working for, a US company or a British company? 2. How are you going to be paid, and especially where?
3. Does the employer have facilities in both the US and the UK?
4. Do you need a work permit? If so, can they guarantee that you will get a work permit? A UK work permit is quite difficult to obtain.
Has this company done this before? Do they have accountants on staff? They should have many of the answers that you need.
posted by 108.71.134...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Any Yanks who've lived/worked in Britain?, No Snaab , Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:10:02
- Thanks everyone, No Snaab , Thu, 26 Jul 2012 04:48:19
- Re: Any Yanks who've lived/worked in Britain? Yes!, SENewhouse, Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:08:06
- Work visas..., Noel , Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:46:46
- Dual UK/US citizen here, RodM, Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:12:52
- I hope you don't have a dog., STICKMAN, Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:31:03
- Re: Any Yanks who've lived/worked in Britain?, Bill Homer, Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:40:32
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!