NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
well, you're close and correct! eBay's position is that this auction transaction is a binding, legal contract between and betwixt the buyer and seller. A contract that should and MUST be honored else there are specific, well-defined consequences that may ensue to those who don't !You're right I'd probably play hell getting any relief in court tho the facts, in this case, are very clear and documented extensively. Other than getting the $ back ( which I couldn't care less about really ! ) I want the seller to keep his part of the contract! he knew(or should have known) the rules! they are clear unless you are really stupid or illiterate!You are correct sir, I damn well do want the car and I earned it! I played by the rules! eBay can't do Squat! eBay has NO real enforcement power! especially when either, or neither, party won't obey or doesn't care! To wit, the seller in this instant case, couldn't care less about"feedback" he said:
"I know you have the ability to give me a bad seller review, and I expect that at this point." note no remorse! Like a psychopath! well, at least not a sociopath! You posit that there are no legal remedies for someone who does not honor, perform a contract? I disagree, albeit I'm not a lawyer and most assuredly don't know the specialized field of contract law. I'll let you know what my attorney says ( or the CA Atty general, who is investigating it ! ) Clearly, eBay and society! depends on people, to be honest, obey the rules ( as most are, do) else it would fall apart. this seller was not honest and the remedies eBay has are just a virtual mild e-spanking ! even someone banned is forgiven after a year! so ... Caveat emptor (the Latin term that means )"let the buyer beware." regards, Neil
Posts in this Thread:
- i was ripped off on e-bay beware dont buy a car there!, neil dale , Wed, 19 Apr 2017 01:07:291
- eBay and Bullion Coins, EGD , Sat, 22 Apr 2017 10:13:13
- My Resolved Case Info..., Scott Paterson , Fri, 21 Apr 2017 17:08:21
- Who buys from seller who joined ebay THE VERY DAY HE POSTED CAR?, thatbobguy , Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:28:45
- You only posted yesterday, perhaps he is refunding, MI-Roger , Thu, 20 Apr 2017 17:06:021
- Interstate fraud is a felony. Pursue him with a lawyer, Used 2 B Chaz, Thu, 20 Apr 2017 11:59:27
- That seller had zero feedback! What did you expect?, dmz789qqq, Wed, 19 Apr 2017 18:43:45
- saabnet.com/tsn/class/9-3.html...'Nuff said! n/m, Used 2 B Chaz, Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:30:04
- How did you pay for this transaction?, Bill Homer, Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:24:33
- Re: i was ripped off on e-bay beware dont buy a car there!, Tom g , Wed, 19 Apr 2017 06:23:191
- Re: i was ripped off on e-bay beware dont buy a car there!, stopsaabn , Wed, 19 Apr 2017 03:47:112
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.